in the 20th century, Central New York became an important center for
the American Arts and Crafts Movement. The Arts and Crafts Society of
Central New York is a non-profit organization dedicated to the study
of the Arts and Crafts Movement through a schedule of lectures, symposia,
tours and other educational programs for the purpose of
increasing awareness of this rich cultural heritage and stimulating interest in its
Our objectives are:
• To preserve, document, and understand the artifacts and ideals of the Arts & Crafts Movement.
• To accomplish these objectives, the society encourages study groups in such areas as architecture, ceramics, glass, furniture, books, and other topics.
• Support conferences, seminars, publications and exhibitions relating
to the Arts & Crafts Movement.
• Sponsor research and publication of Arts and Crafts material.
• To Work toward the establishment of an Arts & Crafts research center to serve as a place of study, exhibitions, meeting, and collection.